22nd June 2015
I've now closed registration for the 2015 Memento Project. If you'd like to put your name down on the waiting list, please fill out the form to the right and I'll be in touch. Emma.
Would you like to collaborate with me in creating textiles based on your own personal memories?
The Memento Project is a component of my postgraduate research at UNSW Art & Design. I am exploring the importance of objects that represent our personal stories, and how this can be a sustainable design approach to creating new textiles.
Up to now, I have made textiles embedding my own memories. It's now time to work out in the world with other people - perhaps you!
The things you need to know before registering your interest:
- You don't need to be a maker or even a creative person.
- You can participate from anywhere in the world, as we will communicate by email. You may also need to post a small package to me in Sydney.
- You need to have some time to consider, think, write, and collect objects based on a significant memory. I will provide you materials to guide you through this process.
- The information you provide me will be translated into a yet-undefined textile.
- The textile piece will be shown in my end of degree exhibition.
- The piece will be yours to keep once the exhibition closes.
- I will be asking you to complete a feedback survey later in the process.
- My slow-design approach will mean this project may take some time to complete, but it will be worth it!
I'm looking for three people to work with. Please feel free to pass this on to friends and family who you think might be keen.
UPDATE: The project is now open to 29 people!
I'd be happy to give you more information on what would be involved. Please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.